Last Friday evening, two days before we had planned a rockin’ steak dinner at home, we were invited to dinner with my husband’s boss and his wife. We were happy to accept; and where did we end up, you may ask?
It started the wheels in my mind spinning, comparing the restaurant steak experience to the at-home steak experience.
So here’s my Top 10 List for Why I’d Rather Eat My Steak at Home:
10. No Teriyaki sauce at the restaurant. (My fave.)
9. Most chefs don’t like to hear “Barely any pink, please.”
8. Really nice places don’t have bacon bits for my baked potato.
7. I can’t bring my favorite chair from my dining room table to the restaurant. It’s really cushy.
6. You have to tip the waiter. (My husband just asks for a kiss.)
5. At home, we listen to awesome playlists from our iPods that we pump through the house during our meal. (Most restaurants don’t play old Bobby Brown songs, Merle Haggard and Def Leppard.)
4. I can’t wear my really stretchy pants to a restaurant.
3. At a restaurant, I don’t have the luxury of knowing my kids are asleep in their rooms upstairs while I leisurely enjoy my steak.
2. It’s more expensive at a restaurant and you can get the same quality steaks (even USDA prime) delivered to you from KC Steaks. (Plus, see #6.)
1. No reservations.