Happy, happy 4th of July to you!
My gift to you in celebration of this day is the gift of food. Well, a recipe, actually.
And I am loving this recipe! It’s a kaboby-meatballish combo (if you ask me) and I LOVE that it uses ground beef.
The light lemongrass is perfect for hot, hot July weather, too!
Enjoy it under the firecrackers tonight!!!!!!!!!!!
Lemongrass Ground Beef Skewers
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped lemon grass
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Place lemon grass, onion, and garlic in the container of an electric blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until finely chopped, about 10 seconds. Scrape lemon grass mixture into a bowl, and stir in beef, salt, pepper, sugar, cornstarch, oyster sauce, and sesame oil.
- Form meat mixture into 12 meatballs. Thread onto skewers.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the meatballs are well done, about 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Recipe and photo courtesy of allrecipes.com.