Who doesn’t love bacon? And if it’s mixed with beef? Fuhgeddaboutit!!!
This amazing recipe is for a decadent, bacony sauce you can serve with so many different dishes — roasts, steaks, beef tips . . . you name it!
Be creative and you just might create your new favorite meal! And choose from these different bacon flavors to give it your own twist!
Egg yolks – 3
Lemon juice – 1 ½ oz
Reserved bacon fat (from hickory smoked bacon) – 7 oz
Salt and pepper – to taste
1. Melt bacon fat so that it is a liquid, but not hot.
2. Place egg yolks and lemon juice in a stainless steel bowl and whisk until frothy. Place metal bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk constantly until it’s ribbony and has tripled in volume. It should have a light but firm consistency.
3. Remove from heat and very gradually add bacon fat until it is all incorporated.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. It can be heated back up over a double boiler a little if needed, but don’t let it get any hotter than 140 degrees or it will break.