So maybe your awesome Uncle Fred taught you how to grill a steak when you were a youngster. But did anyone ever tell you how to clean a grill?
Truly, the first rule of grilling great steaks is to start with a clean grill.
Here’s a checklist for spring cleaning your grill:
- Make sure burners are off.
- Use a grate scrape to scrape off last season’s remnants.
- If your grates are removable, you can wash them in the dishwasher. Just remember to reseason them once you put them back on the grill.
- Check your burners for debris and brush off as necessary.
- Check the fuel line for cracks or loose connections.
- If propane, check fuel levels.
- Clean the exterior of the grill with soap and warm water.
Grilling steaks is an artform, but you’ve got to start with a clean canvas! Happy spring grilling, everybody!