Taking your show on the road? At the beach, lake or campsite?
Don’t get caught up in making your grilling on the go experience too complicated. Keep it simple with this advice!
1. Marinade/rub ahead of time. Pack it up in a cooler, then just throw it on the grill when you get there. Prep before.
2. Bring seasoning (salt, pepper, etc.) that you can throw away. The less you come back with, the better.
3. Expanding on that theory, pack everything in things you can throw away – ziplock bags, foil.
4. Be sure to pack paper plates that are sturdy enough to withstand your meal. Nothing worse than looking forward to a beautiful steak, then trying to figure out how to cut it on a flimsy plate. Yick.
5. Bring trash bags!
6. Whatever power source you use for your grill, make sure to check that you have enough charcoal/propane/other BEFORE you leave.
7. Have lots of fun! Grilling in the great outdoors is one of the greatest joys in the world!
Photo courtesy of KansasCitySteaks.com.