- Make a list of all the ingredients you’ll need and shop way ahead of time to avoid the last-minute rush at the supermarket.
- Prepare side dishes beforehand, refrigerate them and just pop them in the oven the day of the big feast.
- Wash special china now so you’re not scrambling to set the table while you’re worrying about the meal.
- Prepare desserts, too, and keep them cold until Thanksgiving Day. Then, when you’re ready for them, just bake!
- Or you can even order desserts and let someone else do the baking!
Think through all of the details that can add up to lots of time on Thanksgiving Day itself. Anything you can do ahead of time – do it!
I like to break out my spiral ham a couple of days before as kind of a teaser. No reason we can’t enjoy it even before the big day.
Have fun planning this holiday meal. The prep and anticipation is half the fun!
Photo courtesy of KansasCitySteaks.com.